Ninth International ACM Sigsoft Conference on the Quality of Software Architectures
Vancouver, Canada, June 17-21, 2013
The conference is a part of CompArch 2013
The goal of QoSA (Quality of Software Architectures) is to address the quality aspects of software architecture, focusing broadly on its quality characteristics and how these relate to the design of software architectures. Specific issues of interest are defining and modeling quality measures, evaluating and managing architecture quality, linking architecture to requirements and implementation, and preserving architecture quality throughout the system lifetime.
The QoSA'13 proceedings are available in the ACM digital library.
- Jun 27, 2012: QoSA'13 website with preliminary call for papers was launched
- Sep 04, 2012: Important dates were announced
- Oct 08, 2012: Call for Papers and Program Committee were announced
- Nov 23, 2012: Press Release: Mahadev Satyanarayanan from Carnegie Mellon to Keynote CompArch 2013 Conference.
- Jan 07, 2013: Press Release: ACM Distinguished Paper to be Awarded for Best Contribution of QoSA 2013 Conference
- Jan 07, 2013: The submission site is now open.
- Feb 11, 2013: Due to numerous requests we have extended the deadline for paper submission by one week. New deadline is Feb 20th.
- Mar 25, 2013: 16 very interesting papers have been accepted for the QoSA program so far.
- Apr 02, 2013: CompArch registration is now open. Register now to not miss QoSA 2013.
- Apr 03, 2013: The keynote abstract by Mahadev Satyanarayanan is now online.
- Apr 24, 2013: CompArch will feature a number of interesting tutorials on Monday.
- Apr 24, 2013: The CompArch program is now available. Do not forget to register before the early registration deadline on May 10th!
- Jun, 2013: The QoSA'13 proceedings are available in the ACM digital library.
Press Release: ACM Distinguished Paper to be Awarded for Best Contribution of QoSA 2013 Conference (Jan 07, 2013)
The best contribution of the conference will receive the ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award. The ACM Special Interest Group on Software Engineering (SIGSOFT) provides a forum for computing professionals from industry, government and academia to examine principles, practices, and new research results in software engineering.
Last year, this award was given to Thomas Haitzer, university assistant, and Uwe Zdun, professor of the Faculty of Computer Science at the University of Vienna for their paper on “DSL-based Support for Semi-automated Architectural Component Model Abstraction throughout the Software Lifecycle.”
We asked Haitzer and Zdun what motivated them to participate in the conference. Read more...
Press Release: Mahadev Satyanarayanan from Carnegie Mellon to Keynote CompArch 2013 Conference (Nov 23, 2012)
Mahadev Satyanarayanan, professor of computer science from Carnegie Mellon University, will give a keynote at the upcoming federated CompArch 2013 conference to be held June 17–21, 2013 in Vancouver BC, Canada on the campus of the University of British Columbia.
In line with the theme "The System View" of the federated conference on the Quality of Software Architectures (QoSA 2013), Satya will discuss the impact of mobility on system architecture. He will talk about the core challenges of mobile computing, and show how these challenges have dominated the evolution of system architectures. Looking ahead, he will make the case for an intermediate architectural tier arising from the convergence of mobile and cloud computing.
- Abstract submission deadline: Feb 06, 2013
- Paper submission deadline: Feb 20, 2013 23:59 Pago Pago, American Samoa time (extended)
- Author notification: Mar 25, 2013
- Final version deadline: Apr 17, 2013
- Conference: Jun 17-21, 2013
Conference contact address: qosa(at)comparch2013(dot)org